Saturday, October 16, 2010

ABCDPBS

On 21, Ani DiFranco grates music out of her guitar and sings her poetry in front of a small and devoted audience of mostly females without make up / on 22 Jacques Pepin makes a chestnut cream Mont Blanc and uses some truffles a friend gave him, he uses a peeler to make thin slices while gnocchi begins to swell in a pan...

I believe Edward R. Murrow was one of the original minds behind public television. He knew there should be programming on television of a quality and standard that mustn't be tainted by the need for ratings. Programming that provided art and information, that told the human story with public diplomacy was necessary, he thought, to make good television.

I think if there were more PBS viewers, the world might be a better place. I seriously believe one of the things wrong with us as a society can be found in "Dancing with the Stars." I couldn't tell you exactly what that thing is, mostly because I don't watch it, but I'm almost certain I'm right.

No comments:

Post a Comment